Sunday, January 15, 2017

Free Writing: Day 7


Have you ever had one of those days that felt like the brakes didn’t work? Yesterday was like that for me. I got up determined to do something good that would make me proud of myself if nothing else got done: I walked for thirty minutes while listening to peppy music. Then I cleared away the last bit of Christmas stuff in the shed and burned some things that were too big to fit into the trash can. I love living out in the country where I can do that. I could have gone on burning things for a while but knew I had other more pressing things to do like buy food.

Off to the grocery store I went. I was starving when I got there, and I knew better than to shop while ravenous. I bought a delicious toasted egg white sub with jalapenos and devoured it without washing it down with anything (I am on a savings kick and decided I could do without the purchase of a beverage). My leg started doing strange things while I walked around (so THIS is how old age creeps up on you!) and I made a note to never wear a certain pair of boots ever again lest I lame myself for life.

Grocery shopping done, I unloaded, showered, and headed off to a lunch date with a dear friend. I love her! She always feeds me and gives me glimpses into her life that give me hope for mine. She has struggled with things I am facing now, and God has brought her through. She also makes me feel like a kid sister. The older you get, the more you come to appreciate that.  She told me I am still young and that I have a lot ahead of me.

Next, I stopped by Walmart (I can never get everything in one trip without forgetting something. Even when I do the list thing, I forget the list or manage to forget something while looking right at it on the list. SIGH, the way of the perfectionist is hard!) I dashed off to see another friend and remained there until time to pick up hubby from work since one of our cars is down.

 I got home so tired my skull was numb. I dosed off thinking how I would not have a blog post for the real Day 7.

Can any of you relate to any of this?

This morning Hubby and I went to church, and it was so encouraging! Oftentimes, I feel I am just a hair away from falling off the wagon altogether and then I get to church and my pastor says something to help me to keep going a little while longer. God was smart when He said not to forsake getting together. He knew we would need constant doses of encouragement and that others would need it from us!  I got home roasted (tired). Took a delicious nap and then God did a merciful thing for me: He got me to sit my behind down in front of my computer and WRITE! It’s not as easy as you think, especially when you are looking at Mount Dissertation and everything in you is saying to go find stuff to burn. Praise God, I made strides.

That is all.  Please share: How did you spend your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment