Monday, January 9, 2017

Free Writing: Day 1

Hello Friends,
Some days I think it's time to pull the plug on this blog. Other days, it's the thrill of my day to publish something. I really do love to write, I just wish I was disciplined enough to do it regularly.
I have joined an online writing group that encourages its members to write at least 500 words a day by following writing prompts. It's been great!
Know what I discovered? I make writing harder than it needs to be. I am a perfectionist and the desire to polish every sentence and deliberate over word choices has kept my postings meager.
So for the remainder of this month, I beg your indulgence as I send out less-than-perfect posts. Don't judge me if I miss a day or two. Also, know that my topics may be random, but that's why it's called free writing, right? (That last sentence was for my benefit. The struggle is real, people! )
Thanks in advance for taking the time.
Most sincerely,
Georgia

2 comments:

  1. Amen - I am very similar to you too, my dear. Write on!! I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda! My fellow traveler! So delighted you stopped by. I love and miss your sweet self!

      Delete